There will be no open submissions period for Ahsahta Press until 2017.
Ahsahta Press at Boise State University is a literary press with a decades-long tradition of publishing poetry. We select a manuscript biannually through an open submissions process that occurs in May through our submission manager. From 12:01am on May 1 through midnight on May 31, poets may submit manuscripts through the Ahsahta Press Submission Manager. Open submissions to Ahsahta Press, unlike entries to our contests, are not made anonymous to our readers.
• Manuscripts should be 50 to 100 pages of poetry, submitted in PDF, RTF, or MSWord formats only. We highly recommend PDF formatting if you want to ensure that your page breaks, indentations, and other manuscript formats are kept as you intend. All submissions must be made on our Submission Manager system.
• Manuscript revisions are not permitted after submission.
• Eligibility: Poets writing in English who have not been published by Ahsahta Press are eligible. Previous book publication is not a consideration. Simultaneous submissions are permissible, but entrants are asked to notify Ahsahta Press immediately if a manuscript becomes committed elsewhere.
• The open submission fee of $5.00 is payable during entry with Mastercard, Visa, or Discover cards only and helps us cover operational expenses.
• The selection is expected to be announced in August with anticipated publication in May 2018 under a standard royalty contract. All submissions are eligible for publication by Ahsahta Press.
The press also reads manuscripts for the $1500 Sawtooth Poetry Prize competition each year between January 1 and March 1. Please see the competition guidelines for more information. The Ahsahta Press Chapbook Competition runs each year between April 1 and April 30.