Already have an account?
||The Ahsahta Press Submission Manager for the Sawtooth Poetry Prize is currently offline.
The Submission Manager will reopen for the Sawtooth Poetry Prize on January 1, 2018. There will be no Chapbook Contest or Open Submission period in 2017.
The Sawtooth Poetry Prize
January 1, 2018 through March 1, 2018
$1,500 for a book of poems
Final Judge: Not yet announced
The winning volume will be published in January 2019 by Ahsahta Press.
Ahsahta Press, a member of the Council of Literary Magazines and Presses,
conforms to the CLMP Code of Ethics and participated in its drafting.
Please read all guidelines before entering.
- The Sawtooth Poetry Prize honors a book of original poetry in English by a single author; translations are not eligible for this award. The winning poet receives a $1,500 honorarium upon publication plus 25 copies of the published book. In addition to announcements in national publications, the winning book and author will be featured on the Ahsahta website, as will lists of finalists and semi-finalists.
- The final judge for the competition has not yet been announced.
- Entries must be filed between 12:01 a.m. January 1 and midnight March 1, 2018. All entries should be made on our Submission Manager system.
- Manuscripts should be 50 to 100 pages of poetry, submitted in PDF, RTF, or MSWord formats only. We highly recommend PDF formatting if you want to ensure that your page breaks, indentions, and other manuscript formats are kept as you intend.
The author’s name should not appear in the manuscript. The title page should contain the title only. The author information is collected separately in Submission Manager.
DO NOT include acknowledgments, author bio, or any other identifying information.
Manuscript revisions are not permitted during the contest.
- The entry fee of $25.00 is payable during entry with Mastercard, Visa, or Discover cards only.
- Winner is expected to be announced in May 2018. All entries are eligible for publication by Ahsahta Press; separate submission of a Sawtooth entry during our open reading period is unnecessary.
- Eligibility: Poets writing in English are eligible. Previous book publication is not a consideration. Students and former students of Boise State University and of this year’s judge may not enter; close friends of the judge or acquaintances whose relationship with the judge might be seen as close for other reasons that would seem to be a conflict of interest are also not considered eligible. (Query the press if doubtful.) Simultaneous submissions are permissible, but entrants are asked to notify Ahsahta Press immediately if a manuscript becomes committed elsewhere.
|Submission Manager is currently in “no submissions” mode.
Submitters and staff may log into their accounts however no new submissions are being accepted at this time.